Canaan Fair Trade seeks to nurture a world heritage ecosystem that has been sustainably productive since the first human agricultural cultivation began on earth in The Land of Canaan.
To that end, Canaan organizes family farming communities, fosters regenerative agriculture, encourages landrace and heirloom vegetation varieties and enables their yield competitiveness, brings their products and their values to the modern marketplace, and increases the value return to the ecosystems and the communities that sustain it.
Canaan is the leading brand of wholesome food products sourced from family farms working under organic and fair trade certification in Palestine. Our main products are specialty olive oil, snacks, and traditional foods of The Land of Canaan. All our product ingredients are sourced from landrace wild vegetation and original heirloom varieties grown in a regenerative agricultural setting with naturally occurring nutrient density. The company manages a world-recognized, award-winning value chain for its stewardship of the earth and the producing communities.
Canaan–US has been managing shopping cart sales in the US for 12 years, exclusively offering by-the-case sales online. The company wants to focus its efforts on Direct-to-Consumer Sales and expand its shopping cart to offer all individual product items directly to consumers and fans. As Manager of Digital Marketing, you will have the responsibility to develop, lead, and implement our E-Commerce and Direct-to-Consumer strategy. Canaan has the ideal profile and brand values to speak to the hearts and minds of the new digital consumer. We are looking for a talented DTC Director who will bring these values before the communities who are searching for them and harness brand following and loyalty.
As DTC Director, you will have the responsibility for leading Canaan’s e-commerce and direct marketing efforts to significantly grow shopping cart sales, drive customer enthusiasm and loyalty, and lead the company’s digital and social media efforts. This charge will include building a customer database, leveraging Canaan brand values, and driving online consumer and fan engagement on behalf of the brand.
We are seeking a proven, commercially focused leader who appreciates the health, ecological, and people-centered appeal of our brand, and has extensive experience driving profitable growth of ecological lifestyle food products. This position reports directly to the Company Director and will be allotted a budget to hire, lead and gradually grow a digital marketing team.
- Own and drive overall e-commerce and DTC strategy to ensure revenue growth through increased sales.
- Develop and implement customer acquisition and sales database.
- Drive loyalty with our consumer base and cultivate ambassadors for the culture of the Canaan brand.
- Be responsible for the overall website performance and appeal.
- Lead social media efforts, messaging, and campaigns and their content.
- Lead digital writeups, blogs, and the use and dissemination of videography materials to connect with the brand’s target audience.
- Manage an email list and overall customer communications on a daily basis.
- Hire and guide a social media specialist and generate volume following and engagements on Instagram and Facebook.
- Oversee day-to-day campaigns, media, and ad management.
- Generate reporting and analysis of web and social media traffic and engagements and develop an optimizing recommendations schedule.
- Select and manage freelancers and promotional agencies providing service to optimize a Canaan digital presence.
- Credible and extensive experience in leading e-commerce and DTC sales growth in a Life Style category.
- Confident, enthusiastic, with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make sense of complex data.
- Strategic planning and management skills.
- Well organized and comfortable managing conflicting demands.
- Ability to think strategically with a Can-Do approach at an operational level.
- Demonstrated strategic competitive mindset.
- Ambitious and able to drive through change.
- Experience in and/or passion for hospitality, wholesome foods, Eco-living, the simple and natural.
- Thrive in understanding consumer audiences and how to reach and engage them.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and motivated to lead a small team into national success.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly change direction in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in social media and digital marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, marketing or related field.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in consumer digital marketing management.
- Attractive base salary based on the level of experience and competitiveness.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should direct their CV and letter of interest to email@example.com