Soup comes first when one thinks about eating to warm up during winter! Freekeh soup in particular is great for those cold winter days. It’s hearty, soothing, warming, filling, delicious, and super healthy! It can be served as a main course or on its own, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. You will love this flavorful recipe!
- 1⁄2 kg (1 lb) lamb meat (cut into chunks)
- 2 tablespoons Canaan olive oil
- 1 pack (250g) Canaan Freekeh
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in stew pot, toss lamb pieces over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add 6 cups of water, Freekeh pack, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Once it boils, turn heat to low and cover to cook on low heat for 45 minutes. Then serve.
- For vegetarian Freekeh soup, simply skip the meat.